Display Picture

Display Picture
At Butler University, Indiana, USA

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 Plyometrics






Plyometric Training
1. What is plyometric training?
The method of training that seeks to enhance the explosive reaction of the individual through powerful muscular contractions because of rapid eccentric contractions.
2. Drop Jumping
This exercise involves the athlete dropping (not jumping) to the ground from a raised platform or box, and then immediately jumping up








Medicine Ball: Another means of increasing upper body strength popular with throwers is to lie on the ground face up.











Benefits of Plyometrics
· Increased explosive muscular power
· Increased speed
· Increased muscular endurance
· Enhancement of fast twitch muscles

This would be helpful for sports such as:
· Basketball
· Athletics
· Football
· Soccer
· Tennis
· Badminton
· Squash

I do not currently involve plyometrics in my weekly training although I have done in the past.

It would be beneficial to include plyometric exercises into my weekly schedule as it would help to improve my explosiveness and speed. This would benefit my basketball greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment